Followers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

StarCityGames Open series Nashville

Greetings again!!
We just finished up StarCityGames Open Series: NASHVILLE this weekend...and I had an absolute BLAST!!! I love coming to Nashville, everything is so beautiful, people are uber friendly, and to have the event at the GAYLORD OPRYLAND RESORT AND CONVENTION CENTER is always a treat. This event location is one of the nicest, most beautiful locations I have had the pleasure to judge at. Great restaurants, waterfalls and fountains everywhere, and that awesome southern hospitality in everyone you meet!
DAN STEPHENS BEING SILLY LOL
We arrive at 8am Monday morning, and I we have our team meetings with our leads, and get to be briefed by our head judge DAN STEPHENS. If you ever have the opportunity to be on staff with this L3 from Bluffton, Indiana, I would encourage you to jump on the chance to do so. He is by far the best Head Judge I have had the pleasure to work under. He always had time to chat about any and all questions, repeatedly checked on all staff to make sure everything was going well for them, and his Standard Open ran smooth as silk. I hope to be on staff with him in the future!


We had just over 400 players at this event, kinda expected that due to the GP on the west coast on the same weekend, but there were pros in attendance such as Gerry Thompson (winner of Standard Open, 2nd in Legacy Open), Brad Nelson, Drew Levine, Todd Anderson(top 8 Legacy), and many others!!!
There was a stellar judge staff in attendance, such as:
Dan Stephens - Level 3 Bluffton, Indiana , United States

DECKCHECKERS PUTTING IN WORK
 
COMPLEX JUDGE CALL

Derek Vandiver - Level 0 Judge is coming from Sautee, Georgia , United States                                        



JAMES ELLIOTT MENTORING THE
NEW L1 DEREK VANDIVER!
MAGIC NAPTIME!!
I had an absolute blast, learning from senior judges, being plugged on judge calls that I would have never thought I would be asked, meeting so many new judges and players, and seeing everyone have an amazing time in Nashville!

JARED LOOKING A LITTLE BORED LOL


MUST BE A CONTROL MATCHUP
BEING COVERED LOL














Peter and I next head to the WORLD CUP QUALIFIER in
ST LOUIS, MI this upcoming weekend. I see from the list that I will be working with some of the great judges that I had the pleasure to work with in Nashville, and others that I love to work with flying in!
Until next time!!!!
Michael






No comments:

Post a Comment