Followers

Monday, May 7, 2012

NOM NOM NOM!!!! Top 5 restaurants from my trip to Tucson #1


#1 DELECTABLES ON 4TH
533 N. 4th AVE
Tucson, AZ
(520) 884-9289
M-TH 11am-9pm
F-SAT 11am-10PM
SUN 10am-9pm

This is by far the best restaurant I have ever been to in Tucson. The staff is super friendly, they have an extensive wine list, an amazing menu, and the general feeling of this Tucson treasure is so comforting, artsy, and classy, rolled up into one perfect package.

I started my dinner with a glass of black currant iced tea, and the warmed brie with fresh fruit. The tea has a slight spice start, with a herbal finish, very satisfying. Nice large slices of rind-on brie cheese, slightly melted, and paired with fresh strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi, with sourdough bread rounds framing the plate.

My main course was the Southwest Penne Pasta. What an explosion of flavors!! The pasta is perfectly cooked al dente, and tossed in a slightly spicy marinara sauce..almost a fra diavolo type sauce. Then the dish is is then topped with a herb-blackened chicken breast, sliced and fanned over the pasta, with fresh avocado sliced and on the side, awaiting pairing with the chicken and pasta to cut the heat ever so slightly, creating a perfect medley of flavors in every bite.

This is one of the best dishes I have ever had in my many travels.

Here is a link to there website, I hope that you will try Delectables on 4th next time you are in Tucson.


There you have it! All the great restaurants I enjoyed on this trip to Tucson, I will be in a new city next week, With a new game store to check out, new restaurants to dine in, and new adventures to have.

SEEYA!!!

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment