Followers

Monday, May 7, 2012

NOM NOM NOM!!!! Top 5 Restaurants from my trip to Tucson #2


#2 BISON WITCHES

326 N. 4th Ave

Tucson, AZ

(520) 740-1541

Kitchen Hours 11am-Midnight

Bar Hours 11am-2am

7 days a week

As I stroll up to Bison Witches, it appears to be like any other bar on 4th AVE....small, cozy, college-themed bar. But I had already been told otherwise. Bison Witches was suggested to me as THE place to go for lunch...for the soup. SOUP IN TUCSON???? It's a hundred and f@*% degrees outside, why would I ever want soup on a day like this?

Now I know.

I made my way up to the bar. The bartender, Marla, (OMFG sofa king hawt) as sweet as can be asks what I will have to drink and if I needed a menu. I stated that I was encouraged to order a bread bowl of soup. I asked her if there was a special, she said no, but she would suggest a marry of the bacon potato and broccoli soup. I took her suggestion.






The soup arrived on a basic red tray, with wax paper on it. Very simple presentation, which normally I don't like, but when I tasted the soup, any lack of presentation was forgotten. The soup was creamy, very flavorful, with big chunks of bacon, vegetables, and potatoes. (red potatoes I think) The bread bowl was light, but firm enough to encase the soup safely. THIS WAS AN AMAZING BOWL OF SOUP!!!

All in all, this restaurant/bar was an amazing find. There was soft, soothing new age music in the background. It is small, but very comfortable, without the typical transients that you usually find on 4th AVE during the day. This is a must for a quick lunch, or a refreshing drink around lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment