Followers

Monday, May 28, 2012

FNM AT WONKO'S IN AUSTIN

Greetings again!
I come to you today from Austin, where I am meeting up with Peter Golightly, the L2 that will be joining me on this journey of judging! He has arranged for me to guest HEAD JUDGE the FNM at his local gamestore, WONKO'S TOYS AND GAMES. I am told that he will be playing in this FNM, and that there might be some L0 judges testing tonight. That seems good, I love to see people pushing themselves to advance in the judge program, and there is always a need for more judges.
At the beginning of the event, it turns out that there are FOUR people testing for L1 tonight!!!
I am astonished, because I have never been at a store that had such a buzz about the judge program...HOW EXCITING!!
Kieth Blackard, new L1!
Ricky Linn, new L1!
Out of the 4 people that tested, only two advanced, I was hoping that all four made it, but it happens. The two people that didn't pass, barely missed it though, and I know that both will become judges in the future.
This community is thriving in Magic, judges trying to advance, a great group of players with much potential to get to the next level (pro tour, etc) and multiple stores that support the Magic community with great tournaments, great selection, and friendly, knowledgeable staff.
Wonko's, I have to say, was my favorite of the 4 gamestores we visited while in Austin/San Antonio. It is very well stocked with most everything you would need or want as a Standard/T2 player, good selection of Legacy and Casual staples, a very personable, interactive owner/operator in Eric, and well ran, decent turnout tournaments.


13776 Highway 183 Suite 116, Austin, TX 78750
(512) 335-1000
HOURS:
Mon- closed
Tues-Thur- 11am-9pm
Fri-11am-11pm
Sat- 11am-5pm
Sun- 12noon- 6pm

With an AMAZING assortment of toys, games of all varieties, collectibles, and so much more, I say this is THE place to game in Austin! Friendly knowlegable staff, very organized, and friendly customer base make this an ideal store for gamers of any age to come and have an AMAZING time.









We have Peter's Birthday coming up, and I am sure it will be something "Magical" lol!!
Until next time...

Baldy McButterpants






No comments:

Post a Comment