Followers

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

CASTLE PERILOUS IN CARBONDALE!!

Greetings again!
So after SCG Nashville, the judge we room-split with, James Elliott, invited us to crash with him for a couple days in Carbondale, Ill. Why would we say no? I mean "Dr. Why" is the judge for this area, a totally amazing guy, and he has a Scottish accent to boot!
We headed to his home, met his wife, Michelle, and had amazing magic discussions, saw the Doc rage-draft, had a home-cooked meal (Peter had never had a casserole) and then checked out Doc Elliott's LGS, Castle Perilous. While there was not a tourney that night, it was still worth the stop. There were things that I really liked about this gameshop, and hope that my future visits have some of the attention to detail that this one had.
CASTLE PERILOUS
207 West Main Street
Carbondale, IL 62901
(618) 529-5317
www.castleperilous.com
HOURS:
Mon-Sat 10 am - 6 pm.
Sun 12 pm - 5 pm

With an amazing selection of games, from RPG's to CCG's, tabletop games to miniatures,tons of comics and collectibles,
 this store is stocked to the ceiling with any and everything any type of gamer could ever desire.

One big thing that I absolutely loved was the fact that with new and popular games, there was a small display that told
the customer about the game, how to play, etc. This is a great way to provide customer service, without
seeming pushy or overbearing. I am a fan of browsing gamestores, and appreciate being able to browse
without the clerk seeming pushy. Such a little detail that really works.


I do wish that Magic was a little more popular at Castle Perilous, but such is life, a gamestore has to 
appeal to its local community, and this store does it perfectly. There are cities that I have visited that 
I wish organized their store and ran it the way Castle Perilous does.

We left from Carbondale on Tuesday, headed to "THE LOU" (St. Louis/St Charles) for the WMCQ.
Check out the next blog for that part of our EPIC JOURNEY!!!!
Michael

1 comment:

  1. CP was my favorite local game store when I lived in C'Dale. I really miss it.

    ReplyDelete